Wednesday, September 29, 2010

4 days and counting...

So this last week I have made a commitment to myself to work out daily. So far we are 4 for 4 and I am hoping it will get easier. I am trying to use all my willpower and coordination to go to Zumba. The new latin infused, hip-hop, dance freakie, aerobic workout. So my local Rec. Center offers these Zumba classes that are included in my monthly membership. So I figure I might as well take advantage of them right? RIGHT! So I decide to lace up my shoes and off to class I go. Thinking, oh wait knowing, that I can bust a move with the best so I should be just fine. Final last words...All i know is I did not realize that my feet could get so twisted up. All I can picture is the story my mom use to tell me about her getting so twisted up in her skis on her honeymoon that the ski patrol had a difficult time untwisting her. I can seriously picture it, and now I am following in her footsteps. Minus the snow and skis and mountain and a few other things, but that is besides the point. Even though I may trip over my feet more then once, I must admit I do still have fun. 60 mins of laughing at myself, and smiling is great for ones inner self. I love a workout that goes by fast, makes me "glisten" and burns calories. Oh and can I just say the woman teaching the class, I believe her name to be Tess, well all I can say is if I keep doing this and end up looking like her I will be one happy camper. She is 41 and looks no older then 31...here's to looking 10 years younger.

Speaking of which, my 30th is knocking on the door. I cant say that I am not happy about this, but somewhat shocked. Where did all this time go? I can not believe that I am almost 30 I do feel like I just graduated high school and that I was just living with mom and dad. Seriously I am an adult, how did this happen? I can not believe that I have allowed so much time to past and not accomplish some of the things I had thought I would by this time in life, and no we are not talking children. Although to take a step back and think that when my mother was my age she had 3 children...well that is a little bit of a snatch my breath thing. I do have friends with 3 children, but I can honestly say I can not imagine my life with 3, and I don't think I would have done this differently. There are reasons for everything and me not having children in life well I do think it is a blessing. I think if I had children this journey of weight loss may have never happened...along with so many other things.

Ok now for a not so serious note. So being as my 30th is knocking on the door. February 15th to be exact. I am looking to do something fun. Something BIG!! To celebrate the birthday along with this new journey in life. I am thinking something tropical or cruise like. Any suggestions or ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment